Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crafting and recycling

Crafting has always been a big part of my life and I love to recycle products into useful and decorative projects.

One of my favorite products to recycle are brown grocery bags.


Cut the bags apart to make each one flat. Then glue several layers together. If you glue enough layers together you can create a sturdy piece much like a piece of wood. I've found that the best glue to use is Aleene's Tacky glue. Let the glued together bags dry over night. Now you can trace patterns onto the dried bags and paint them like you would paint a piece of wood. Cut the design out with scissors. Paint with acrylics or oil paints and apply a finish over the dry paint.

Check out the patterns section of my web site, MarleneWatson.com, to see a completed seascape set I made for my bathroom. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment