Don’t throw away those egg shells after you fix that omelet! Recycle them into a beautiful designer looking table top.
30 egg shells were used on this table.
Tilt top table was purchased from Wayne’s Wooden Ware catalog
Acrylic Paint (your choice of colors)
Wax paper, brayer or rolling pin
1. Wash egg shells and let dry. Peel off any remaining membrane inside.
2. Paint table with your choice of acrylic paint.
3. Working in a small area of a time, apply tacky glue and spread evenly.
Lay a piece of egg shell right side up on the glue and press down. Repeat until entire top of table is covered with shells. Occasionally as you work, lay a piece of wax paper over the shells and use the brayer or rolling pin to even the shells. Don’t let the spaces between shells be too wide. Dry overnight.
4. Trace whatever design you are using on the table top over the shells. Paint design with acrylic paints. Don’t try to paint between shells. Let dry.
5. Apply grout filling in spaces between shells. Let set a few minutes then wipe off top of panted design with a damp sponge.
6. Apply several coats of varnish to the dry table top.